As parents and careers advisors, you will be helping young students make decisions which will impact their future pathways. At UC, our goal is to provide you with the highest level of guidance and support so your students can make an informed decision about where they will live while studying at a university in Melbourne.
UC at a glance
- UC welcomes students studying at the University of Melbourne, RMIT, Monash Pharmacy and ACU.
- UC is home to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Typically, 50% of our students are from rural Victoria, 25% from interstate and the remaining 25% from overseas and Melbourne.
- A community of 153 students in 2016 (this number will grow in Semester 2, 2017 due to the completion of the UC 2017 Project).
- The UC 2017 Project will result in new double bed ensuite rooms, a new dining hall and additional recreational and studying spaces
- 50+ tutorials are provided weekly to help students collaboratively learn from each other and resident tutors.
- Through pastoral care and one-on-one support, UC does everything possible to meet students’ personal, academic and social needs.
For more information:
Scholarships and Work Opportunities
- The University College Scholarships Program supports students who require financial assistance and recognises academic excellence. To be eligible for a scholarship, UC must be placed as the college of first preference on the online application form. Please enquire about financial support when you apply.
- UC offers a number of paid work positions in hospitality, maintenance, administration and more.
This table depicts the total cost of living at each housing type for the period of 36 weeks.
|Housing type||UC||Student apartments (private providers)||Share housing|
|Lease length||36 weeks||36 weeks||36 weeks|
|Private bathroom||Ensuite rooms available||Varies|
|Total cost (36 weeks pro rata)||$27,504||$21,160||$15,247|
Estimated living costs per month for an individual student living in student apartments and share housing (based on figures for a three-bedroom share house):
|Housing type||Student apartments||Share housing|