If you’ve signed, sealed and delivered your UC contract for 2023, congratulations! You’re about to embark on one of the best experiences of your university life.
Get the most out of your time at UC by taking note of these key dates in your diaries. This is just a snippet of college life, with many more activities, events, and competitions on offer.
Here are some key dates to keep in mind for the 2023 academic year:
- Welcome Saturday (18th Feb): This is the day when you move into your UC room and settle into your new home away from home. Expect big name tags, fun icebreakers and games, induction presentations, and more. Don’t worry, our Orientation Leaders will be there to guide you every step of the way.
- Commencement Reception & Dinner (1st March): A formal welcome event with drinks and a Welcome to Country ceremony. It’s the first opportunity for our community to come together and celebrate the start of the new year in formal wear and academic gowns.
- Weekly High Table (every Monday): High Table is a tradition where we host a formal dinner in the Dining Hall. It is held weekly and is an opportunity for members of the college community to socialise and hear about upcoming events and important announcements.
- College photo (21st March): All members of the UC community gather for a group photo.
- ICSC Athletics Carnival (25 & 26th March): Intercollegiate athletics competition with a variety of races to participate in.
- UC Ball (26th April): Organised by the Student Club, our UC ball is a highlight of the social calendar. It is an opportunity for everyone to dress up and enjoy a night of dancing and fun with your peers.
- ICSC Rowing Regatta (29th April): While there are plenty of intercollegiate sporting competitions to get involved in, rowing is the highlight year after year. Join the team or cheer for UC from the sidelines.
- Pathways Dinner (24th May): Meet and chat with industry professionals and get a head start in your career journey. It’s a great opportunity to network and find out the ins and outs of the pathway you’re interested in.
- College Open House (6th May): A mini–Open Day with all University of Melbourne Colleges.
- Family Reception (6th May): A day for your family to see the College, meet one another and your mates!
- Production Gala Night (9th August): The opening night of the Student Club’s annual musical production. Which musical will be chosen this year?
- ICSC Swimming Carnival (11th August): Just keep swimming! This is our intercollegiate swimming competition.
- Open Day (20th August): Our annual Open Day where we welcome prospective residents and parents to our College and show them around.
- Valedictory Dinner (11th October): The last formal event of the year where we say farewell to the community and celebrate individual achievements.
Overall, the residential college experience is an important and rewarding part of the university experience. By bookmarking those dates, you can make the most of your time here! Please note that these dates are subject to change.