As parents and careers advisors, you will be helping young students make decisions that will impact their future pathways. At UC, our goal is to provide you with the highest level of guidance and support so your students can make an informed decision about where they will live while studying at a university in Melbourne.
UC at a glance
- UC welcomes students studying at the University of Melbourne, RMIT, Monash Pharmacy and ACU.
- UC is home to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Typically, 50% of our students are from rural Victoria, 25% from interstate and the remaining 25% from overseas.
- A community of 280 students in 2018/2019.
- Our recent expansion project resulted in 190 new double bed ensuite rooms and additional recreational and studying spaces. Now complete, our student community will consist of 340 students in 2020.
- 50+ tutorials are provided weekly to help students collaboratively learn from each other and resident tutors.
- Through pastoral care and one-on-one support, UC does everything possible to meet students’ personal, academic and social needs.
- Safety is a priority, with access to the building by secure entry fob, and staff and students trained in physical first aid and mental health.
For more information:
Scholarships and Work Opportunities
- The University College Scholarships Program supports students who require financial assistance and recognises academic excellence. To be eligible for a scholarship, UC must be placed as the college of first preference on the online application form. Please enquire about financial support when you apply.
- UC offers a number of paid work positions in hospitality, maintenance, administration and more.
This table is based on figures provided by the University of Melbourne. For more details please click here.
|Housing type||Total weeks||Weekly rent/board range||Estimated total annual living costs (including living expenses)|
|Share house (with 2 others)||52||$200-$250||$24,000-$34,000|
*Includes all meals, a furnished room, utilities, academic support, pastoral care, weekly room clean and more