University College has a thriving community with outstanding and committed staff.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or hold a valid work permit or visa. If you are called for an interview, you will need to show evidence of your status and qualifications.
Guest Services Agent
University College (UC) is a leading residential college located in Parkville providing academic and wellbeing support for approx. 350 students in a friendly, relaxed community. Its undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled at the University of Melbourne and other nearby tertiary institutions. In addition, the College offers well-appointed hospitality facilities which will actively be utilised to host a growing number of conferences, functions and events as we emerge from lockdown.
Reporting through the Team Leader to the House, Events and Conference Manager, the Guest Services Agent is responsible for delivering an exceptional customer focused experience to College staff, students, corporate conference guests and visitors. This busy front of house position offers loads of variety including first point of contact reception/guest services duties, student administration and support and conference, events and apartments bookings and coordination.
If you genuinely enjoy helping people, this role will provide the opportunity to:
- Develop your experience gained in a similar guest service /reception role
- Enjoy using your strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills to deliver service excellence at all times
- Draw on your detailed administration, organisational and time management skills on a daily basis
- Demonstrate your MS computer skills with knowledge of StarRez Student housing database software an advantage (not essential)
- Use your initiative and proactive ability to make independent decisions
- Allow your positive, can-do attitude and enthusiasm to shine
- Enjoy working in a fun, vibrant setting amongst tertiary students
- Scope to develop your career in either guest services, business operations or conferences and event areas
Working with the Team Leader in a manner similar to job share, hours are 1pm-6pm, 5 days per week, with some flexibility and the opportunity to work additional hours during peak periods if keen. As University College is classified as an essential service, this position needs to work onsite to support the students and running of the College. Salary is in line with experience, full training will be provided plus bonus lunch and car parking daily.
To be part of the wonderful UC community and contribute to the positive team culture, please apply immediately via Seek. Address your application to our HR Consultant and attach your Cover Letter and CV in Word format only. We are keen to make an appointment quickly so will be reviewing applications as received.
Only Australian citizens or holders of permanent work visas may apply, and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check prior to commencement.