Join the UC community
UC accepts students from the University of Melbourne, RMIT, Monash Pharmacy, ACU and other nearby universities. Places are in high demand, so you are advised to apply early and put us as your first preference.
Step 1: Fill in your application and place UC as your #1 preference
We will get in touch for some additional paperwork to be submitted.
Step 2: Attend an interview
These can be in person, but usually take place over Zoom.
Step 3: Receive your application outcome
Get a provisional offer from us to lock in your spot even if you are still waiting on a university offer or ATAR.
You do not apply individually to each college – rather your application needs to be completed via the intercollegiate website. Here you will rank the colleges in your order of preference. You may also wish to consider applying for a scholarship after you submit your application.
Residential College Applications are now open for 2023.
Once you have submitted your application you can pay the $75 application fee below.
Things to consider before submitting
The application process
- You can begin your application and save it and complete it at a later date if required
- The application should be accompanied by a passport-style photo and the $75 application fee
- We will email you during business hours to acknowledge receipt of your application
- You should advise the residential college immediately of any changes to the information provided in your application. This may include a change of address, email address or phone number
- You will then need to complete a Personal Information Form prior to your interview with the College
- The College will contact both of your nominated referees and request them to complete the referee report. Completed reports will be returned directly to the College. Please ensure that you include referee email details on your form
- The interview is an important part of the application process. UC will arrange an interview at a mutually agreeable time. These are usually done on Zoom but can also be in person
- You are able to apply for college accommodation before you receive your university offer. UC offers provisional places to students – guaranteeing you a room on the condition you receive a university offer (proof of which can be sent at a later date)
- There is also an opportunity to defer your residential college place if required (just as you can a university place)
- We endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible, usually within a few weeks or even days (depending on peak application periods)
Change of preference
- If you want to change your order of preferences after submitting the application, you should get in touch with the Intercollegiate Office to make that change
Not ready to sign on the dotted line?
If you’re not yet ready to apply – you might wish to visit the future students section of our website to find out more about UC and whether we are the right residential college for you!