A residential college affiliated with the University of Melbourne
UC is a friendly place where students can easily meet short-term mates or establish life-long friendships, maximising their university experience.
Our staff and students regularly visit career advisors and schools around the country to talk about moving to Melbourne for university, and why to consider a residential college. If you would be interested in us visiting your school, or inviting us to your school expo, please contact us.
If you are ever visiting Melbourne, we would also be more than happy to show you around. You can book a private tour with us at any time.
For more information, we encourage you to download our prospectus.
Where are our students from?
With diversity comes richness and opportunities to learn from each other. We welcome domestic and international students from different demographics, universities, year levels and degrees.
- We are one of ten residential colleges linked to the University of Melbourne, but we are independent and non-denominational
- We started as a women's college in the 1930s and have been accepting male students since the 70s
- UC welcomes students studying at the University of Melbourne, RMIT, Monash Pharmacy and ACU.
- We are home to predominately undergraduate students and a handful of graduate students (around six to eight) and can accommodate 340 students in our community
- Typically, around 40% of our students are from rural Victoria, 35% from interstate, 10% Melbourne metro and 15% from overseas
Where are our students from?
Supporting students every step of the way
- Through pastoral care and one-on-one support, UC does everything possible to meet students’ personal, academic and social needs
- 50+ tutorials are provided weekly to help students collaboratively learn from each other and resident tutors
- Safety is a priority, with access to the building by secure entry fob, and staff and students trained in physical first aid and mental health
- We run a calendar of events to ensure a student's time with us is memorable, safe and full of fun
- We offer the best rooms on the Crescent! Our rooms are generous in size, with a lot of natural light. Two thirds now have ensuite bathrooms, and over 96% have double beds
- Our scholarship program supports students who require financial assistance. You're welcome to contact us for more information if you have any students interested in applying
- Students often take on part time jobs alongside their degree, so UC offers paid work positions in our kitchen, maintenance team and library
- Applications open every year around March/April for the following academic year
- We highly recommend students do their research in Year 11 and consider their accommodation options alongside their degree. Accommodation options fill quickly, so it is key to apply early!