University College offers affordable, comfortable and convenient group accommodation. Both ensuite and single College rooms with shared bathroom facilities are available during the mid-year and end of year semester breaks.
University College is a peaceful residential haven close to the University of Melbourne. It is set amongst landscaped gardens and has a friendly, informal atmosphere. It is also only a short, ten minute tram or taxi ride into Melbourne’s CBD and a short stroll to the famous and vibrant Lygon Street in Carlton, which is a suburb known for its restaurants, cafes and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Many of Melbourne’s most famous attractions are conveniently close to University College, and can be easily accessed by public transport (bus, tram and train).
All University College rooms are well lit, airy and a very comfortable size. Free wifi is available for UC guests.
Other facilities include:
- A Junior Common Room that overlooks the rose garden and is furnished with lounge chairs, couches and coffee tables, making it a pleasing setting for informal discussion or relaxation.
- A number of versatile function and event spaces, which can also be set up as classrooms as required.
- A TV room with a 40-inch plasma screen.
- A spacious recreation area that can be used for games or set up for meetings.
- Two courtyard garden areas that visitors can use when the weather is warm. Barbeque facilities can be provided.
- A tennis court is available on site for guest use (BYO racquets).
We provide all fresh linen and towels and weekly servicing of all rooms. We have washing machines and dryers on every floor.
Our standard rate includes bed and breakfast, however lunch and dinner can also be provided for groups in the College dining hall.
Please note, if guests are juniors (under 18 years of age) there must be a ratio of one adult (over 18 years of age) to every ten juniors.
Gender separation is on request only and cannot be guaranteed.
To enquire about a group booking please contact our conference team or call +61 3 9347 3533.
For non-group bookings:
You can enquire about or book a UC apartment (all year round).
Or check on availability of a student room (outside term time only).