The UC Scholarship Program means that there is more than one way to attend University College.
“This scholarship has allowed me to live in a warm and safe environment that has become my home away from home. I am very appreciative of this as moving to the city is a big transition from a small country town.”
– Anna, 1st Year UC Student
The UC Scholarship Program recognises academic excellence and supports students who require financial assistance. To be eligible for one of the scholarships, University College must be placed as your college of first preference on your residential application.
Scholarships are awarded to students on application, with the level of financial assistance determined by a means-tested assessment of each family’s and individual student’s capacity to pay fees.
- Up to forty scholarships offering between $2,000 and $20,000 fee relief depending on need, determined by the College’s means-tested assessment and Scholarships Committee
- Scholarships are awarded based on a range of various criteria including financial need, first in family, potential for leadership, geographical location, auditions (music/art), academic results, indigeneity and course
- All matters regarding applications are treated with strict confidentiality
- To assist with the costs of College fees, UC offers a number of paid work positions in hospitality, maintenance, administration and more
- To view a cost comparison of living at College with other accommodation providers please click here
Who is eligible?
The UC Scholarship Program is open to all new and returning, undergraduate and graduate students of University College.
How much financial assistance will I receive?
The level of financial assistance is determined by a means-tested assessment of each family’s and individual student’s capacity to pay College fees. You must submit documentation to support your application to be considered for a scholarship. This may include tax returns, proof of income and Centrelink statements. Assistance is offered on the condition that all other means of financial support have been explored and exhausted.
How do I apply?
2017 UC Scholarship Program applications opened in September 2016 and closed on Thursday 19 January 2017. Successful recipients will be notified in February 2017, following the meeting of the Scholarships Committee.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application form.
For further information on the UC Scholarship Program, please contact Rebecca Gleghorn at email@example.com or phone +61 3 9349 9112.